Thursday, November 29, 2007

Flashbulbs and Fame


Sailor here. I am going to be famous again and I can’t wait.

Tonight after Mom came home from work, we heard a strange rumbling in the sky. The noise became louder and louder. Mom became louder and louder, too, squealing with delight and laughing about the light and the noise. This is somewhat of a rarity in California, Mom says, and she loves the sky to grumble and rumble.

Then, POW! A giant flashbulb went off right above my head. I barked and ran with Mom to the window to watch. CRACK! went the sound of the flash! The DogGoddess was taking pictures of me from across the Rainbow Bridge! Wowsers – am I ever special! She took a lot of pictures, too, before moving off to another dog’s house and photographing there.

As if that weren’t enough, after the flash bulb went off, the DogGoddess threw ice chips at us along with a lot of rain, knowing that we needed to cool down after all this excitement.

I can hardly wait to see where these pictures will show up. Can we see them down on earth when they are developed? Or do we have to wait until we cross the Bridge into heaven? I know my pictures will turn out the best of all.

This was the most special day I can remember for a long time.



This Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons image is from the user Fir0002 and is freely available at http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:ElectricBlender.jpg under the creative commons cc-by-sa 2.5 license

No comments: