Thursday, November 1, 2012

I'm Going Home



Sailor here.

I'm going home. Mom told me a long time ago that if I were too lonely without her, I could come back to Earth as her ghost dog.

I am not lonely, but Mom is. She is sad.

So I am going home to be her ghost dog until she smiles again.

I will run next to her and she will see the grass ripple as I run by. She will feel the fleeting touch of my nose in her hand. She will hear the echo of my greeting. I will leap and  bark and she will feel the whisper of my paws on her shoulders.

She will smile.

Then I can be happy.

3 comments:

WooPak said...

One day her heart will smile when her brain whispers your name but that day is not today. Or tomorrow. Not for many sleeps. Until then, come be her comfort and bring her your love. She is still sad and misses your warm presence.

Anonymous said...

Sailor,
Know you are missed and not forgotten. Mom will heal in time and being her ghost dog will make her smile again. I smiled when I read your post. To be a part of someones dream is a specisl gift and I know this is true and whatever way you let Mom know you are there will be a blessing. Our HEART dog is always special and some furure dogs will help fill the void, but never take your place. Fair winds and following seas dear Sailor.

Cynthia said...

I am so sorry about Sailor. My Levi left me last February... and I still miss him so much. He is my ghost dog now.